MONTREAL LAKE, SASKATCHEWAN
306 663 5995
877 933 5995
306 663 4644
2019 Employee List
- Auralynn Naytowhow COHI Heal Aide
- Conrad Naytowhow Home Health Aide
- Vacant Maternal Child Health Worker
- Lorette Dreaver Mental Health Therapist
- Esther Bird-Smith Med. Trans. Coordinator
- Layla Bird CHR
- Vernon Bird Medical Taxi Driver
- Geraldine Bird Medical Taxi Driver
- Theresa Halkett NNADAP Worker
- Stewart Bird Medical Taxi Driver
- Laura McCallum-Naytowhow Nurse
- Nadine Mitsung Nurse
- Bonnie Henderson Home Health Aide
- Randy C. Bird Custodian
- Rachel Henderson CHR
- Lance Bird Security
- Dylan Naytowhow Security
- Melanie Martell Nurse
- Carline Halkett Receptionist
- Clifford D Bird Health Director
- Brent Naytowhow Brighter Futures
- Vivian Merasty Dental Therapist
- Dixie Bird NNADAP Worker
- Georgina Maurice Administrative Assistant
- Alfred Nelson Maintenance
- Bernard Bird Crisis Response
- Eva Henderson Finance
- Julie Naytowhow Administrative Assistant
The William Charles Health Centre is a nursing station serving the Montreal Lake Cree Nation on reserve. The holistic needs of the community are provided by the Health Centre Team through a variety of programs such as Nursing, Home Care, NNADAP, etc.
A medical doctor comes to the community one day per week and all other urgent and emergency cases are transported to the hospital in Prince Albert either by ambulance or by our medical taxi.
Making home visits to the sick, aged, disable/handicapped, mothers with children and families experiencing crisis in their lives to provide needed health care assistance by:
- Identify and refer situations that require further attention to the appropriate personnel; e.g. sick child referred to nurse; family with no food referred to welfare worker/council; child abuse / neglect referred to ICFS.
- Maintain contact with the elderly and monitoring their nutritional status and general state of health.
- Accompany the nurse for prenatal and postnatal home care visits.
- Counsel and monitor chronically ill diabetics and discuss their status with the nurse.
- the doctor and nurse on home visits to the acutely ill.
- Taking blood sugar and blood pressures.
- Weighing patients.
- Assist nurses during Doctorâ€™s day.
- Prepare dental consent forms at the beginning of the school term and distributing these to both schools.
- Prepare first aid kits for the schools, daycare, bush workers, etc.
- Assist in emergencies.
Professional development and assisting members of the health care delivery service by:
- To attend conferences and workshops on health issues as requested by the Councillor in Charge or Health Director.
- To attend meetings regularly with members of the health care delivery team to discuss matters of mutual concern including programs, projects, problems and clients
- Serve as an interpreter for the elderly on doctorâ€™s day and when other who are direct/indirectly involved with health visit the community
Support Administration Activities:
To provide support to community members in a health related way by:
- Pulling charts when requested
- Sterilizing medical equipment
- Accompany some patients especially the elderly and school children to out of town medical and optometrist appointments
- Handle and file medical charts
- Search for medical files for names of children who are school age
- Xerox medical records to other health centers when children move
- Clean the clothing storage room
- Search for public health records for children living off reserve
- Substitute for secretary/receptionist when she is away
- Prepare and submit a monthly written report for the Health Committee
- Attend, upon request, the Health Committee meetings